Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hep c can i get it and can you be exposed and not get it
Feb 11, 2007

hi my husbands doc said he was exsposed to hep c but said he does not have it me and my doughter where tested and came up neg but he says he has a pain in his liver area and he just started drinking again what are the chances of me and my doughter getting what he has can you be exsposed and not have it or is this a crock and every ones keeping the truth from me the doc says the chances of us getting what he was exsposed he also has a elevated liver is that hep c im worried because a secreat like this i dont want to catch

Response from Dr. McGovern

Your physician probably means that your husband has evidence of prior exposure to hepatitis C but does not have virus in his blood, so he cannot transmit it to you.

Alcohol is the probably cause of any liver related discomfort since it is a direct toxin to the liver.

Previous
Selenium & HCV/HIV Coinfection
Next
Hep C

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.