hep c can i get it and can you be exposed and not get it

hi my husbands doc said he was exsposed to hep c but said he does not have it me and my doughter where tested and came up neg but he says he has a pain in his liver area and he just started drinking again what are the chances of me and my doughter getting what he has can you be exsposed and not have it or is this a crock and every ones keeping the truth from me the doc says the chances of us getting what he was exsposed he also has a elevated liver is that hep c im worried because a secreat like this i dont want to catch

Your physician probably means that your husband has evidence of prior exposure to hepatitis C but does not have virus in his blood, so he cannot transmit it to you.

Alcohol is the probably cause of any liver related discomfort since it is a direct toxin to the liver.

Selenium & HCV/HIV Coinfection
Hep C