|Selenium & HCV/HIV Coinfection
Feb 11, 2007
How Selenium can influence the course of HCV/HIV Coinfection?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not aware of any information that selenium affects the course of HIV/HCV infection.
Alcohol is the major issue here. Avoidance of alcohol is recommmended. Patients with HIV/HCV coinfection should have evaluation of HCV RNA and then a liver biopsy to determine if they have disease. If so, treatment should be considered.
Hepatitis A and B vaccination should also be given.
hep c both parents
hep c can i get it and can you be exposed and not get it
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- Hiv Pcr Test Window Period
- Can A Woman Transmit Hiv To A Man Through Fellatio?
- Can You Get Disability For Having Neuropathy?
- Yeast Infection Or Hpv How Do I Tell
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.