Selenium & HCV/HIV Coinfection
Feb 11, 2007
How Selenium can influence the course of HCV/HIV Coinfection?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not aware of any information that selenium affects the course of HIV/HCV infection.
Alcohol is the major issue here. Avoidance of alcohol is recommmended. Patients with HIV/HCV coinfection should have evaluation of HCV RNA and then a liver biopsy to determine if they have disease. If so, treatment should be considered.
Hepatitis A and B vaccination should also be given.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.