The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Feb 11, 2007

hi, tnx to your precious time to answer my question last time,im continously reading your answer to other question and you mention that you can tell when someone acquired a hepa b 1. pls tell me the year (include a month if posible)when my wife acquired hepa B because were expecting that she got it during her hospitalization stay,i done testing and my result is negative,so were sure that it is not through sexual,pls help us

her hepa profile were: HBsAg cut off=0.079 her count was 0.978positive; anti HBs cut off=0.046 her count was 0.009neg; HBeAG cut off=0.062 her count 0.011neg; anti HBe cut off=0.689 her count was 0.091pos; anti HAv Igm cut off=0.294 her count was 0.019neg; anti HBc IGm cut off=0.472 her count was 0.021neg; SGPT up to 38 IU/I her count was 28.5 this pofile was done on 11jan'07 2. base on this profile her doctor said dont worry your not ill,live a normal life and there's no need to treat,the doctor just gave a vitamins to take,does her doctor were correct about my wife's condition,pls help us were so worried

tnx again in advance and more power god bless

Response from Dr. McGovern

Your wife needs a hepatitis B DNA test to be certain that she does not have virus in your blood. She also needs serial follow up of her surface antigen and liver function test over time to determine her HBV status. If she got her infection recnetly, you will want to confirm that she lost her surface antigen after six months.

Pls Answer since no reply - Hep B Viral Count
hep c both parents

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint