|Pls Answer since no reply - Hep B Viral Count
Feb 11, 2007
I have been waiting for your answers daily for so long but i didnt get any reply. So iam posting it again. Pls Answer.
My results of 22nd Nov 06 tests are
Hepatitis B, Surface Ag +(Positive)
178 iu/ml(2.25 log iu/ml), ALT 44
My previous test on 22 Aug 06 results are
(TL)-Loe HbsAB;Hep B carrier, Hep B surface Antibody level <10 IU/L
HBsAg EIA(TL)-HBsAg Positive - Antigen detected
R HCV IgG EIA, Hep C Ab negative
R HBcIgM EIA, Hep B core AB not detected
R HBeAg EIA, Hep B e antigen negative.
R Anti HBe(total) EIA, (TL)-Hep B e Ab positive.
R Anti HBc(total)EIA, Hep B c Ab positive.
1) Can u please tell if my viral count and liver(ALT) is low or high?. is there any medicine to keep the functioning of the liver very good.
2) What is Antigen and Antibody. Will i get this Hep B surface antigen further less in future. does the virus level get completely out or will it increase in future?. what is the viral count in copies?
3) Do i need to be vaccinated for Hep A and Hep C?
4) Iam single now. How to protect my partner and kids in future. does the baby need vaccination immediately after birth?
Thank you so much for all your time for everyone here. - Sidney Allen
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am sorry you have waited for an answer. I only do this in my spare time and cannot answer the hundreds of wonderful questions that come through from throughout the world to this website.
You have chronic hepatitis B and have mildly abnormal liver function tests.
You will need testing for HBV DNA to see if there is virus in your blood. If not, you cannot transmit infection and you do not need treatment if this trend stays the same over time.
If you do have virus on serial testing, you may evetually need treatment if your biopsy shows disease.
Thank you Dr. McGovern!
MY WIFE HEPA PROFILE pls help
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Can Pneumonia Be Acute Sign Of Hiv?
- Can Putting A Finger In A Vagina Cause HIV Infection?
- Hiv Risk And Eye Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.