Post HCV Treatment Thyroid Problems
Feb 11, 2007
What percentage of your patients develop thyroid problems during interferon/ribavirin treatment, and what percentage of those don't go back to normal thyroid function upon completion of the regimen? And by that I mean naturally, not with the assistance of thyroid medication; I understand that for many people, once your thyroid goes haywire it stays haywire, even if the causal agent is removed.
Response from Dr. McGovern
A small percentage of patients develop a thyroid problem. Some can develop over active or underactive thyroid. These are easily managed with treatment, but almost never resolve without treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection An Ars Symptom?
- Is Sore On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.