|Post HCV Treatment Thyroid Problems
Feb 11, 2007
What percentage of your patients develop thyroid problems during interferon/ribavirin treatment, and what percentage of those don't go back to normal thyroid function upon completion of the regimen? And by that I mean naturally, not with the assistance of thyroid medication; I understand that for many people, once your thyroid goes haywire it stays haywire, even if the causal agent is removed.
Response from Dr. McGovern
A small percentage of patients develop a thyroid problem. Some can develop over active or underactive thyroid. These are easily managed with treatment, but almost never resolve without treatment.
Thank you Dr. McGovern!
- What Doctor To See About Genital Warts?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.