Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Put Life on Hold-pls answear
Feb 11, 2007

Hi doctor, just want to say that this website brings a little bit of hope in my life since the last couple of weeks i had ucide thoughts. I live in africa and I have decelopped an OCD against HIV but since i found this website it really helped me understand how this disease could be obtained. But it seems now that I'm starting to develop an OCD against HCV just by the fact that this disease lives longer outside than HIV. Here's my scenario, I went to the hospital to get some bandage removed from my injured arm and teh nurse that was carry for me used a scissor that he was carrying in his pocket to removed the bandage but he proceded to get sterilize equipment to removed my stiches. My fear is that couple of days after i notice a little scab on where he use to removed the bandages. there wasn't any bleeding at first when i was at the hospital but the scab could came from a scratch from the scissor.Now my qestion is that what are the odds of getting HCV from that methods, let just say that he pocked me with the scissor which he claimed he cleaned them everyday and I look there wasn't any visible blood. So my 2 questions is that 1)can u get HCV from a sharp object that hasn't been used for at least couple of minutes which doesn't have visible or wet blood on it and 2)is this consider a risk exposure or should just go on with my life and get marry. Yep i did put on hold my wedding because am too scared to have it and i couldn't afford a divorce since it will bring a shame to my family

Response from Dr. McGovern

I don't expect any risk from what you describe.

Previous
plz am really worried
Next
HIV Pos and Hepatitis B

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.