The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

plz am really worried
Feb 11, 2007

hi,there r a few questions i wanted to ask u---- im a chronic hep b patient with dna poistive.... i was on lemuvidine and hepsera for 2 yes my viral level goes up and then come down and once was negitive to.... just rec checked for my dna level and that was.. my sgpt level is normal by 30 and remain normal ... i just got married and husband antibody was checked and it was reactive still he got one vaccination shot again... i know hep b doest not get cured but the viral level does get negitive?? ok my doc will b starting with this medicine tenofivir... and my age is 21... is it a good medicine and good for my kind of virus?? AND I I GET pregnant wat will b the result of it on my child??plz gimme a detailed ans im v v worried and ur answert and advise is the one i trust cause im writting to u since 2 yrs thank u .....

Response from Dr. McGovern

Tenofovir has excellent activity against hepatitis B. I do not know your E antigen status, which is important to advise on whether seroconversion can be achieved. If you are e antigen positive, hopefully the medication will lead to loss of e antigen and gain of e antibody. If you are e antigen negative from the start, you will need long term treatment for suppression of virus. The issue of becoming pregnant is complicated if you need on going treatment. You will want to discuss the data on use of lamivudine during pregnancy with your medical doctor.

Toothbrushes and razors
Put Life on Hold-pls answear

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint