Toothbrushes and razors

I volunteered to take part in a medical research study and everything was fine until the doctor told me that my last test "suggested" I had developed antibodies for hepatitis C, which I thought was impossible. They took another sample of my blood on Monday for what they referred to as a "very sensitive test" and I will get the results on Friday at latest. I have been reviewing my whole life over and over since they have announced this to me and I am absolutely positive that the only way this could have been passed on to me is through toothbrushing or shaving because I have shared houses with many people I knew nothing about and know for a fact that my toothbrush was used by others on more than one occasion and I believe that one or two girls have also used my razors. The doctor keeps telling me that he does not want me to worry for now because my liver is yet untouched and the test only said I had the antibodies in my body but as difficult as it is for me to believe, I do not want to cling to the hope that this could be a false positive or anything like that. Also, from the various sources I have found on the Internet, most clearly suggest that this could definitely be the way the 15 to 20% people who have no idea how they could have caught it actually got infected, and a study conducted in September 2006 reads that there is "at least a risk" of this being possible. I would greatly appreciate having your opinion on the matter.

If a patient without risk factors has a hepatitis C antibody test that is positive, I would follow that up with a RIBA test, which will often demonstrate that the first test was a false positive.

Hepitisis c contagious
plz am really worried