|Hepitisis c contagious
Feb 11, 2007
My husband got hepititis c from a blood transfusion in 1977 he was just tested and still has it can I get it from sexual contact with him?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes but the chance is very low -about 1 to 2 percent in monogamous couples. Your husband also needs to have HCV RNA performed. If he is viremic, he needs a liver biopsy.
Which tests for possible false positive?
Toothbrushes and razors
- Is Dry Cough A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is White Tongue A Sign Of HIV?
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.