|Which tests for possible false positive?
Feb 11, 2007
I've been tested for HBV twice and each time the HBsAg came back positive, but everything else was negative. I had a negative HBsAg result 5 months ago and have not done anything that would expose me to HBV. What tests should be ordered to find out if this is a false positive?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You can have your physician speak to the laboratory supervisor to be certain that a confirmation test was performed for your surface antigen.
Hepitisis c contagious
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Blowjob?
- Is Fever A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is White Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Iodine Usefulness For Vaginal Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.