|Which tests for possible false positive?
Feb 11, 2007
I've been tested for HBV twice and each time the HBsAg came back positive, but everything else was negative. I had a negative HBsAg result 5 months ago and have not done anything that would expose me to HBV. What tests should be ordered to find out if this is a false positive?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You can have your physician speak to the laboratory supervisor to be certain that a confirmation test was performed for your surface antigen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Causing Joint Pain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.