Feb 11, 2007
My son's father got Hep C while we were broke up and now we are talking about getting back together. How can I prevent getting it through sexual contact? Is it really safe to have sex with him?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would use barrier protection if you are at all concerned. Sexual transmission occurs about 1 to 2 percent of the time in monogamous couples. Risk increases with trauma (eg anal intercourse)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Penis Discharge An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Licking Anus Worried I Have
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.