Feb 11, 2007
at what stage hepatitisc is transmitted is hepatitisc positive with negative pcr can marry a woman without fearing of transmitting virus to her
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If there is no virus in the blood, you probably had hepatitis C and resolved it on your own. There is no risk of transmission.
The other possibility is that you have a false positive antibody test. A RIBA test can tell for sure if you were exposed in the past.
However, there is no risk to your partner if you have no virus by PCR.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis C Antibody Non Reactive
- Can Hep C Be Transmitted Through Sperm?
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.