hep test results

Hi Doc,

I was diagnosed of Hep b last Nov, 2005. Results were; Hbsag = Reactive HbeAg = Non - reactive Sgot/Alt = 108 I consulted a doctor for internal medicine, he prescribed me medicine " GODEX". After about six months ( June, 2006) I undergone another blood test. results were; Hbsag ( Titer ) result - 0.122 Non- reactive Sgot/ Ast = 52 Sgpt/ Alt = 156. I showed the result of my test and my doctor told me that the result is doing good but my Alt is still above normal.So i ask if am already cleared of the virus but according to my doctor he can't tell if I already cleared of hep b. So Again undergone blood testlast Oct, 2006. Results were; SGOT/AST = 46 SGOT/ALT = 78 HBSAG TITER = 2624 Reactive. I was too worried of the result bec based on my last test result of HBsag is already non-reactive howcome that my Oct, 2006 tests resulted to "REactive". Last Jan. 05, 2007 i decided to had again blood test and results were; HBSAG -REACTIVE ( ONE STEP) A-HBs = <2 SGOT/ALT = 30(normal) SGOT/ALT = 67(normal) My questions are:

1.Is the results means that I am CHRONIC? 2.Am I a health hazard to my wife, children and co-employees? 3. Is there a cure to this kind of sickness? 4. If I'm not mistaken, I had a vacine for hepa several years ago (1987)howcome that I was infected with the virus. 5.Will I still live longer?

Worried Guy

Yes you have chronic hepatitis B e antigen negative infection. I would follow your HBV DNA results on treatment to be certain that you suppress your virus. The length of treatment is indefinite right now since most people who have e antigen negative infection will have a relapse once medication is stopped. \ Your level of infectivity is determined by the level of virus (HBV DNA) Your family should be vaccinated against HBV> Viral suppression will lead to a healthier liver.

hep a
transmitting hepc