Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Irregular period + hep c
Feb 11, 2007

My gf is quite irregular with her period, and she has Hep c. Should I be more worried? Or should I approach this the same way as every other lesbian that asked you a similar question? Not sharing toothbrushes, razors, etc.

On another note

My gf had sex with her ex-bf on Jan 10th. That same night we had sex. She didn't mention it until Jan 30th. And I was supposed to get my period Feb 1st. I've been late for 5 days now. A friend of mine mentioned the weird possibility that I might be pregnant.

I was just wondering, is that even remotely possible?

I find it rather hard to believe, but the way my friend explained how if the semen came in contact with her vagina, and then touched herself for some reason or another, then fingered me...it all scared me a little bit because I can't quite recall how everything went down that night. My gf says I'm late because I'm too worried about being late.

Thank you in advance.

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would not attribute a late period to hepatitis C. I also do not suspect pregnancy based on your history.

Previous
Inactive HBV
Next
Metal Braces HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.