|hep and HIV
Feb 11, 2007
i was tested for HIV and hepatitis. I have hepatitis b and HIV was nagative. Doctors asked me to test for HIV now. I am worried about this. Once it was negative and noe is it possible to be HIV positive?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It is routine practise that after a risky exposure that HIV testing should be performed serially over time. This is just routine.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dealing With Hep When You Have Hiv
- Does Marrow Transplant Cure AIDS?
- Help Prevent Hiv-positive People From Transmitting The Virus And Hiv-negative People From Contracting It
- What Is The Cost Of An Hiv Test?
- How Much Is Cocktail Medication For Aids Patients?
- Is Feline Aids Contagious To Humans?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.