For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hey docter, I am just wondering about how long I am going to survive. I was diagnosed with Hep C at the age of 22, will I live to see 65 or longer assuming I stay healthy, don't drink or do drugs. I know it varies but can you please give me a best gust or average. Also speaking of Hep C, I heard that fatigue is the mane symptom, what do you docters use to treat this symptom...Please answer as I can't find answer anywhere.

I would get a test of hepatitis C RNA to be certain that you even have the virus in your blood. A positive antibody test doesn't mean you have the virus in your bloodstream. That would be my first step.

Secondly, I would get a liver biopsy to determine how much disease you have if it turns out that you have virus in your bloodstream (HCV RNA is present).

Fatigue responds to the eradication of the virus with pegylated interferon and ribavirin.

Am I crazy?
hiv testing period, Hep b