New HBV Treatments

I seem to remember reading on a HBV website about 6 months ago that there was a new emerging treatment for HBV that would bring the cure rate from 3% to 30%. Do you know anything about this?

Also, my last HBV viral load was 100 and I seem to be doing rather well on Truvada, but if there is a chance for a cure I would like to try. What do you think?

I don't use the word "cure" with hepatitis B since it is integrated into the host genome. I think it sounds like you are doing extremely well on Truvada, which is combination therapy for hepatitis B. Viral suppression is what you want to prevent liver disease progression.

The treatment associated with the highest degree of "seroconversion" (eg loss of hepatitis B e antigen and gain of E antibody) is with pegylated interferon alfa 2a. Serconversion occurred in about one-third of patients. However, this drug works better in certain patient groups than others. For example, a certain type of HBV (genotype A) seems to respond better than C or D.

liver
HIV an dhepatitis