#8137: Hepatitis B Virus DNA UltraQuant
Feb 11, 2007
Recently I got a result of 150 in a test of "Hepatitis B Virus DNA UltraQuant" This result determine that I have hepatitis B? They didn't make me more analysis.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Ultraquant means ultrasensitive. You have very little hepatitis B in your blood and by itself, it is hard to interpret. If you know that you are hepatitis B surface antigen positive, this confirms that you have a small amount of virus in your blood. However, this amount of virus would not indicate a need for treatment all by itself.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Does Antihistamine Help Atrophic Vaginitis?
- Does Genital Warts Virus Ever Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.