|reoccurence after treatment
Jan 28, 2007
I have been doing interfuron/ribosphere since july 5th 2006 after 12 weeks there was no detection in the viral load. What is the probability of the hep c reoccuring after the full 48 weeks of treatment. I will be done June of this year. I heard that the critical point of reoccurence is between end of treatment and the two year mark. Is this true?
Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV RNA will be checked at the end of treatment and six months after stopping treatment. If there is no detectable virus at either point, you are most certainly cured.
Best of luck to you.
Please help, my questions are never answered
ANy new or trial treatments for Hepatitis c?
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- Are Red Dots On Tongue And Swollen Lymph Nodes Signs Of Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From A Lancet Needle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.