Outcome of Hepatitis C without any type of treatment

My husband was reciently diagnosed with Hep "C". We can't afford the treatment that the Dr. reccommended at the time, and our insurance won't cover it all. Is there any chance that he may get worse any time soon? What is the mortality rate with having Hep "C" and going without treatment? The Dr. feels that my husband got Hep"C" through a blood transfusion 15 yrs. ago when he was in a bad accident and had to have 13 operations and it's just now showing up on blood tests. My husband is constantly cold, and fatigued. He can't gain weight, but he looks healthy.

I would have your physician directly contact the drug companies that make interferon to see if you can get access to medications, since your insurance will not assist you and you can't afford them.

Hepatitis C progresses slowly, but your husband's disease may be more advanced. That is unclear to me from the information I have.

Roche Pharmaceuticals and Schering-Plough.

Longterm coinfection
hep B and pregnancy