Jan 28, 2007
I have Hep C, Genotype 1, with stage 3 Cirrhosis. In addition, I have an autoimmune disorder effecting my liver as well. What are my options for treatment. Do I qualify for a liver transplant?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would definitely go to a transplant center to see the hepatologist there to determine what may be the next course of action for you. You clearly need a highly trained liver specialist to make any further treatment decisions since your case is somewhat complicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Toothbrush And Dna Pcr Testing
- Touching Skin And HIV Transmission Risk
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Scared To Death
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Should I Get Tested
- Unprotected Vaginal Sex How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Vaginal Fluid Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.