Jan 28, 2007
I have Hep C, Genotype 1, with stage 3 Cirrhosis. In addition, I have an autoimmune disorder effecting my liver as well. What are my options for treatment. Do I qualify for a liver transplant?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would definitely go to a transplant center to see the hepatologist there to determine what may be the next course of action for you. You clearly need a highly trained liver specialist to make any further treatment decisions since your case is somewhat complicated.
help in understanding hepa b test result
- What Do Hiv Rashes Look Like?
- Can A Urinary Tract Infection Be A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Why Does Having Chlamydia Increase The Risk Of Hiv Transmission?
- Can Hiv Be Detected Through A Normal Blood Test?
- How Long Does Hiv Live On Needles?
- When Should You Take An Hiv Test After Having Unprotected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.