Jan 28, 2007
I have Hep C, Genotype 1, with stage 3 Cirrhosis. In addition, I have an autoimmune disorder effecting my liver as well. What are my options for treatment. Do I qualify for a liver transplant?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would definitely go to a transplant center to see the hepatologist there to determine what may be the next course of action for you. You clearly need a highly trained liver specialist to make any further treatment decisions since your case is somewhat complicated.
help in understanding hepa b test result
- Does Black Spots On Tongue Mean You Have Hiv?
- During The Asymptomatic Stage Of Hiv Infection
- How Long Does Hiv Stay In Your Body Before You Know You Have It?
- Are Stiff Neck And Fatigue Burning Eyes Symptoms Of Aids?
- Could Hiv Cause A High White Blood Cell Count
- Stories Of People Intentionally Infecting Others With Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.