Jan 28, 2007
I have Hep C, Genotype 1, with stage 3 Cirrhosis. In addition, I have an autoimmune disorder effecting my liver as well. What are my options for treatment. Do I qualify for a liver transplant?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would definitely go to a transplant center to see the hepatologist there to determine what may be the next course of action for you. You clearly need a highly trained liver specialist to make any further treatment decisions since your case is somewhat complicated.
help in understanding hepa b test result
- I Had Sex With Someone Who Had Hep C Does That Mean I Have It
- Can You Take Your Hiv Test When You Have Your Period?
- Neck Lymph Node Pain With Hiv
- How Soon Dry Cough Develops In Newly Hiv Positive Person?
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv With Hangnail
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.