URGENT ENQUIRY

My wife tested positive for HbAsg in 2003 / DNA test was done and was negative. 10 days ago another DNA (PCR) was done and result is 11147 ui/ml.but HbAeg is negative and anti-HBs positive .Liver function tests all normal.does this mean that she does not have the virus any more or she still has it but it is inactive and what should we do according to these results .Thanks and regards

Quite frankly, these results don't make sense to me. I would have the hepatitis B serologies and DNA repeated since these results do not fit together. Your doctor should also contact the laboratory supervisor to tell him or her that these blood tests need to be rechecked and rerun.

Hepatitis C and saliva
Hep B