|abnormal alt and ast
Jan 28, 2007
a am 22 years old and on my lab ast 59 and alt 200 , other test are normal i have gallbladder stones what my next step, is stones give abnormal tests
Response from Dr. McGovern
Those liver function tests are very abnormal. You need a complete work-up including hepatitis A, B, and C serologies. If you do not have abdominal pain, I would not be suspecting gall bladder disease as a cause for these abnormal tests. If you are very overweight, fatty liver can also be a problem.
Best of luck with your evaluation. You will want to visit a hepatologist or infectious disease doctor who specializes in hepatitis.
Please save my brother?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Topping?
- Is Rectal Bleeding An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.