|abnormal alt and ast
Jan 28, 2007
a am 22 years old and on my lab ast 59 and alt 200 , other test are normal i have gallbladder stones what my next step, is stones give abnormal tests
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Those liver function tests are very abnormal. You need a complete work-up including hepatitis A, B, and C serologies. If you do not have abdominal pain, I would not be suspecting gall bladder disease as a cause for these abnormal tests. If you are very overweight, fatty liver can also be a problem.
Best of luck with your evaluation. You will want to visit a hepatologist or infectious disease doctor who specializes in hepatitis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.