|HCV & thrombocytopenia
Jan 28, 2007
What are the possible causes of thrombocytopenia in a patient with HCV, not on HCV treatment?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Thrombocytopenia (low platelets) can be due to liver disease itself. It will be important to have a liver biopsy to determine the stage of disease.
how long does the hep C test take?
- Will A Herpes Breakout Always Reoccur In The Same Area?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Kiss A Girl?
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Cure Gonorrhea?
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.