|HCV & thrombocytopenia
Jan 28, 2007
What are the possible causes of thrombocytopenia in a patient with HCV, not on HCV treatment?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Thrombocytopenia (low platelets) can be due to liver disease itself. It will be important to have a liver biopsy to determine the stage of disease.
how long does the hep C test take?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Percent Of Americans Have Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
- Syphilis Treatment Z Pack
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.