LIVER ASCITES

I do not have a lot of knowledge about AIDS and HIV, but I am wondering about a few things. I have a family member that has AIDS and this person has not shared with his family that he has AIDS. Through process of elimination our family does know. This person has severe liver ascites that has been present for approx 9mos and has not had anything done about it. He is in denial about all of this and I am wondering if you could tell me where his disease progression is with this presenting problem. We have no idea as a family what to expect and final stages of AIDS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Laurie

There are many different causes of ascites, so it is impossible to say what caused it.

However, once this complication occurs, the liver is failing and the patient needs prompt evaluation by a liver specialist.

it posible to be negative in hepe b?
Possibility of Hep C transmission