Jan 28, 2007
My hep c is quite advanced but my liver is in very good condition. The doctor does not want to start interferon inj. because of side effect. What can I do to prevent liver damage
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The main issue is to stay away from alcohol. Alcohol and hepatitis C are a synergistic combination - they cause more damage together.
I would also use caution in any medications you may be taking including over the counter drugs, like tylenol. You can take some tylenol, but only in small amounts. Any new medication prescribed should be discussed with your hepatologist.
As for the interferons, I would probably seek a second opinion regarding whether you should be treated or not. If you don't have decompensated liver disease, you should be considered for treatment, especially if you have advanced liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Possible To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Black Spots After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.