Jan 1, 2007
Is Hep C considered to be as fatal as HIV/AIDS, or is it a more managable, treatable and curabule virus, meaning you can live a relativly symptom free life.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Both HIV and Hepatitis C viruses are treatable infections. Patients on effective therapy lead productive long lives. Hepatitis C is more favorable in that treatment only lasts for about 24 to 48 weeks whereas HIV treatment is lifelong. However, effective therapy exists for both infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.