|Can you get hep-c agin?
Jan 1, 2007
It has been two years when I was told I had Hep-c from my doctor.I when thought treatment and was told the treatment work. But the last few weeks I have been in pain with my liver and wondering if it hep-c. Can you answer my question?
Response from Dr. McGovern
When treatment for hepatitis C works, it is sustained over time.
The only way to get hepatitis C again, is to expose yourself again to the virus through injection drug use or other exposures. Relapse after six months of no detectable virus after therapy does not usually occur. That is why we use the word "cure" after therapy when it does work.
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- Can The Diagnosis Of Intestinal Candidiasis Be Dubious?
- Are High Alt And Ast Indicative Of Hiv?
- How To Support Someone Who Is Hiv Positive?
- Will Any Antibiotic Cure Syphilis?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.