Jan 1, 2007
they say i was exposed iam a very low risk patient i hasvent had blood transfusion i had a test done on the anti hcv (ortho eia) that was negative then the (biorad eia) was equivocal and the anti hcv status was equivocal i iam now having my pcr done what are the chances that it will be negative my liver alt is normal please help
Response from Dr. McGovern
It sounds like you have a false positive test result since you are at low risk, have equivocal results. I suspect your PCR test will be reassuring.
Hep B/HIV meds. question
Can you get hep-c agin?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your System?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted From A Pin?
- Can I Catch An Std By Kissing A Woman's Breasts?
- Can I Catch HIV From Clothes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.