Jan 1, 2007
they say i was exposed iam a very low risk patient i hasvent had blood transfusion i had a test done on the anti hcv (ortho eia) that was negative then the (biorad eia) was equivocal and the anti hcv status was equivocal i iam now having my pcr done what are the chances that it will be negative my liver alt is normal please help
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It sounds like you have a false positive test result since you are at low risk, have equivocal results. I suspect your PCR test will be reassuring.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Saliva Transmit Hepatitis B?
- Can You Take Pap Smear Test If You Are Virgin?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.