|Hep C 1a and anal sex male/female
Jan 1, 2007
My female partner has Hep C 1a. I do not have it. Is anal sex between us safe?
Response from Dr. McGovern
No I would not consider that safe. Blood to blood exposures increase the risk of transmission and trauma is more common with anal sex.
HV and Hep C Coinfection.
Hep B/HIV meds. question
- What Triggers Shingles Outbreak?
- What Causes A Recurrence Of Genital Warts?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Syphilis Treatment Z Pack
- Syphilis Itchy Rash
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.