|ALT 120, AST 52 others is normal in the Liver Function test,what dose it means?
Jan 1, 2007
My husbund is a Hep B carrier. Latest blood result show the ALT = 120 and AST=52 is consider high. What this test result means? Any medicine needed? how to control the ALT and AST. thanks.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would obtain a liver biopsy to determine if there is disease. If so, then I would start a medication for HBV. Treatment will improve the inflammation in the liver and the liver function tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Normal Functions Of The Body That Are Affected By Chlamydia?
- How Do You Know If You Have Oral Hairy Leukoplakia?
- Sex With A Prostitute Negative At 3 Months
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blisters After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.