Jan 1, 2007
A few weeks ago my friend got into a fight and was bitten by someone who I'm worried has Hepatitis. The skin was broken and he was bleeding. Can he contract the disease? Thank you
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It is conceivable that this could happen and I would pursue testing although this is low risk exposure.
I would be more concerned about infection from regular bacteria of the mouth causing a localized infection in the skin.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Symptoms Of An Std?
- Living With Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.