Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need truth about wife's condition
Jan 1, 2007

My wife had to have a Hysterectomy feb 2006 because of tumors and endometrioses. Her Stomach never reduced in size and she vomits almost every day and diahria as well. Her blood pressure was so high last month i ran her to the hospital they said her heart was ok but her blood showed Hep C, however the Family doctor would not tell us anything. He simply said he ordered another specialized blood test that would confirm but for us not to worry. My wife has no appetite and has lost 12 pounds in the last 2 weeks but her stomach is still swollen. She has Pain from her left ear to her left arm. Experiences abdominal pain and feet hurting everyday. can you give us the truth and advise of what to do. Ray

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would pursue further evaluation with the surgeon who did the operation to be certain that there are no complications.

As for the hepatitis C blood test...Your doctor is referring to another blood test which will confirm whether she has virus in her blood or not. If not, then she cleared this infection on her own in the past. If yes, then she would need evaluation for this as well.

Previous
lip piercing
Next
ALT/66

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.