|Hepa B virus period
Jan 1, 2007
how would you know that the virus is just recently acquired or is been there for a long time already? is there a test that shows it?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. The answer is yes - there is a blood test called hepatitis B core antibody. If the IgM fraction of this test is positive, then the infection was recently acquired.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Rash?
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.