hep c cure

hi their, about five years ago i found out i had hepatitis c through a routine blood test, my doctor referred me to see a specialist which ive only seen just three times in five years. i had a biopsy done about 4 years ago and at the time i think i was at stage one but i still don't know my geno type or viral load all he told me was "don't worry you are not going to die it's a really slow process" that was it. but having this virus is having a major effect on my life. i suffer with fatigue all the time, pains in my right hand side, sweats loss of appetite, anxiety and depression, and his offered me no treatment he only suggested i see my doctor about the anxiety and depression, im a 28 year old male. my question is, if i have a good geno type that responds well to treatment and i clear the virus, can i go back to my normal life before the virus like drinking once a week to socialize? because cutting out alcohol has had a major effect on my social life which has lead to lots of other problems.

When making a decision of whether or not to treat hepatitis C, there are multiple considerations:

1. Is there liver disease?

Not everyone develops significant disease and not everyone needs treatment.

2. Is the patient motivated to be treated regardless of whether or not there is disease?

This does occur so patients need to be involved in the decision.

3. Is there something else that needs to be addressed prior to HCV treatment?

For example, if someone is depressed, the depression needs to be addressed first prior to treatment which can make depressive symptoms worse.

I suspect your physician may want you to address the depressive symptoms first. Yes, it would also be helpful to know your genotype, since some require a shorter duration of treatment, and that would be helpful information to you.

My HBV panel
Hepa B virus period