Jan 1, 2007
I HAD A HCV TESTED AND IT CAME BACK ANTI HCV ORTHO EIA NEGATIVE AND ANTI HCV BIORAD EIA EQUIVOCAL AND ANTI HCV STATUS EQUIVAL AND NOW THEY WANT TO TEST MY PCR IF THAT COMES BACK NEGATIVE DO I HAVE THE VIRUS I WANT TO KNOE DO I HAVE OR NOT OR COULD I HAVE A FALSE POSITIVE RESULT HELP
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Sounds like you probably have a false positive result and your doctors are just pursuing further testing to be certain. If I am concerned about this possibility, I get a RIBA test (recombinant immunoblot assay) which will settle the controversy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Common Is HPV?
- Achy Balls After Touching Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.