Jan 1, 2007
I HAD A HCV TESTED AND IT CAME BACK ANTI HCV ORTHO EIA NEGATIVE AND ANTI HCV BIORAD EIA EQUIVOCAL AND ANTI HCV STATUS EQUIVAL AND NOW THEY WANT TO TEST MY PCR IF THAT COMES BACK NEGATIVE DO I HAVE THE VIRUS I WANT TO KNOE DO I HAVE OR NOT OR COULD I HAVE A FALSE POSITIVE RESULT HELP
Response from Dr. McGovern
Sounds like you probably have a false positive result and your doctors are just pursuing further testing to be certain. If I am concerned about this possibility, I get a RIBA test (recombinant immunoblot assay) which will settle the controversy.
fear of being infected
- Does Diarrhea Mean I Have AIDS?
- How Do You Know If You Have Anal Cancer?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.