Jan 1, 2007
I HAD A HCV TESTED AND IT CAME BACK ANTI HCV ORTHO EIA NEGATIVE AND ANTI HCV BIORAD EIA EQUIVOCAL AND ANTI HCV STATUS EQUIVAL AND NOW THEY WANT TO TEST MY PCR IF THAT COMES BACK NEGATIVE DO I HAVE THE VIRUS I WANT TO KNOE DO I HAVE OR NOT OR COULD I HAVE A FALSE POSITIVE RESULT HELP
Response from Dr. McGovern
Sounds like you probably have a false positive result and your doctors are just pursuing further testing to be certain. If I am concerned about this possibility, I get a RIBA test (recombinant immunoblot assay) which will settle the controversy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do The White Patches On Your Tongue Mean When You Have Hiv?
- What Happens If Your Hiv Tests Come Back Positive?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Massage Therapy For Neuropathy
- How Accurate Is Dna Testing In Hiv?
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Smoking Pot?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.