|fear of being infected
Jan 1, 2007
may i know if the mere use of utensils like fork and spoon may cause transmission of hepa b. im afraid id be infected too because of the widespread of this disease, i often eat in a cafeteria wher there are a lot of person (unknown, of different class) who eat there.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You do not need to be afraid of getting hepatitis B in this way. If this was the case, most of the world's population would have hepatitis B by now.
Hepatitis B is spread mainly through sex or injection drug use. Although hepatitis B is found in saliva, there have not been convincing cases of transmission through sharing of utensils. Although, we do recommend not sharing utensils in homes where one person is infected, this is just a conservative precaution only.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Hands After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.