Jan 1, 2007
can you get hepatitis c by having unprotected sex
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes it is possible although not common. The risk of HCV transmission is higher in individuals with multiple sex partners and those who have sex with trauma (eg anal intercourse) which probably increases risk through blood to blood exposure.
fear of being infected
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Crabs With Condom On?
- How Are Genital Warts Contracted?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.