Jan 1, 2007
If a non infected person performs oral sex on their partner with hep c, then can they get it?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Transmission of hepatitis C requires blood to blood exposure. HCV transmission through oral sex has not been proven. Sexual transmission of hepatitis C is uncommon but the risk of this increases with traumatic sex, like anal intercourse.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Sex Condom Broke And Dna Pcr Testing
- Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Negative Elisa At 3 Months
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Having Sex During Period?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting AIDS From Touching Anus?
- Are Oral Ulcers A Possible Sign Of Ars?
- Blisters During Window Period
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.