Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help.? my 9 yo daughter exposed to hep c
Dec 3, 2006

I work in the med field and had what seems to be an acute hep c Lft over 1000 on 4/06. MY hep pannel neg one year ago.My family was tested on 7/06 by hep anti and pcr all were neg.My 9 yo daughter did not have an hep anti done just a hep c rna qual that was neg.So 10/06 I did the hep c anti 2.8 the Riba indeterminate NS5 neg,5-1-1 neg, c100-3 neg,c33 neg,c22p +4,SOD neg.hepatitis c PCR quant had no viral load.I repeated the hep anti 6 weeks later hep anti 2.7 Riba indeterminat.ANA neg, C3 complement high at 199.She has a history of eczema. 1.Is this a false positive or could she have been exposed and cleared the virus? 2.If this is a false positive will she have this anti and Riba indeterminate for ever or does this go away? 3.Do I need to retest her again and if so when? 4.My viral load was nondetectable one month after the start of treatment on 6/8/06. Thank you for your help.

Response from Dr. McGovern

Strongly suspect that she does not have hepatitis C. Her RIBA was indeterminate. No viral load and no reason to think she should have hepatitis C even if you do. No further testing needed. Good luck with your hepatitis C treatment.

Previous
Another Crazy Person
Next
oral Sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.