|high alt levels
Dec 3, 2006
I am a female, 31 years old, and I recently found out that my ALT numbers are >400. I also have been diagnosed with gall stones. My question is, can that cause the levels to go this high. I have been with one HIV+ woman in the past, although I have cleared HIV and was tested 6 mos after my last exposure. Thank you
| Response from Dr. McGovern
These ALT levels are very high and I would urge that you go back to your physician for prompt retesting and further evaluation. I would not expect gallstones to be the cause of such an elevatted ALT.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.