|high alt levels
Dec 3, 2006
I am a female, 31 years old, and I recently found out that my ALT numbers are >400. I also have been diagnosed with gall stones. My question is, can that cause the levels to go this high. I have been with one HIV+ woman in the past, although I have cleared HIV and was tested 6 mos after my last exposure. Thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
These ALT levels are very high and I would urge that you go back to your physician for prompt retesting and further evaluation. I would not expect gallstones to be the cause of such an elevatted ALT.
Post Hep. C Tx.
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Male Get Pubic Lice From Public Restrooms?
- Once You Have A Std Do You Ever Get Rid Of The Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.