|Hepatitis C genotype 1a
Dec 3, 2006
I read where interferon is not as strong as a treatment with this genotype. I was recently diagnosed and have had for roughly three years.
I am a little worried as I read more and more online that this genotype is the most difficult to treat.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Two comments: 1. Statements that genotype 1 is harder to treat are correct but that is for the population at large. It says nothing for an individual patient. You may or may not respond. The only way to know is to follow your HCV viral load. 2. More than 50 percent with genotype 1 infection DO respond. Furthermore, if you take all the medications, the chance of responding is much higher. Adherence counts.
Don't get discouraged before you even start.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.