Hepatitis C genotype 1a

I read where interferon is not as strong as a treatment with this genotype. I was recently diagnosed and have had for roughly three years.

I am a little worried as I read more and more online that this genotype is the most difficult to treat.

Two comments: 1. Statements that genotype 1 is harder to treat are correct but that is for the population at large. It says nothing for an individual patient. You may or may not respond. The only way to know is to follow your HCV viral load. 2. More than 50 percent with genotype 1 infection DO respond. Furthermore, if you take all the medications, the chance of responding is much higher. Adherence counts.

Don't get discouraged before you even start.

occult infection, PLEASE HELP!!!!
Hepatitis B Determination