reply to ur question..

THIS WAS MY PREVIOUS QUES..since last one month my father has been suffering from hepatitis E infection. during this period he got ultrasound of liver and endoscopy done.. ultrasound showed mildly course and fatty liver,enlarged in span and endoscopy showed esophageal varices. his general condition is good and appetite is improving .HBsAg and HBc IgM were found to be negative but HBc total antibody was found to be reactive. what does these findings suggest.now hep E is subsiding and SGOT(71) n SGPT(42) levels r cuming back to normal.bilirubin level is 27, earlier it ws 34.hw long wil it take to come back to normal.

Your father's acute hepatitis E is concerning but sounds like it is resolving..However I am concerned that he has evidence of varices, which suggests that he has advanced liver disease. It will be very important that he should be in the care of a very experienced hepatologist (liver doctor)for expert care and management of his cirrhosis. He will also need medications for his varices to decrease his "portal hypertension".

He does not have evidence of hepatitis B; I would certainly want to know if he has hepatitis C or any other causes of advanced liver disease, such as hemochromatosis or other etiologies.

MAM ,my father test for hep C was -ve and also this is the first time my father is having any such problem.and also he was a reguler drinker 12 years ago .

is his condition serious ?? his general condition is good and appetite is improving day by day.

One other comment...He may have liver disease if his prior alcohol use was significant.

mam reply to ur question..
occult infection, PLEASE HELP!!!!