Dec 3, 2006
Dear Dr McGovern,
I took only 2 shots of HBV vaccine 6 years ago & my Anti-HBs titer was above 100, I never took the 3rd dose. Last year I underwent another test for surface antibodies toter & the result was 105. & I was negative for all other markers
What is my risk if I am exposed to HBV through blood exporsure & unprotected sex with the same partner who is positive for Hepatitis B?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Basically zero since your titer is so high which correlates with excellent protection.
However, I still suggest condoms to protect you and your partner from any other STDs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blood In Urine An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.